Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Master Cleanse: Day 7, 8, and 9

I'm sitting here on Day 9 drinking my salt flush beverage and thinking about what to write in my blog. I have to say that I'm very proud of myself for going through this experience. Although I've done this before, it's been about 2-3 years. When I have done the cleanse in the past I did it just to do it, and was quite happy with where I was at, but not disciplined in the way of true passion and commitment. This time I'm doing it for me and really reaping the benefits of it. Don't get me wrong, I definitely benefited from it before, but this time has more meaning to me.

You see as I've shared in previous posts I had somewhat fallen off the wagon, and put other things ahead of my optimal health. Although I was eating and living healthfully overall, I wasn't living and eating optimally. So I suffered for it. I gained back all my weight and then a few. My skin still was clear and soft, but my color wasn't best, and I was looking old and tired - cause I was. This time around doing the cleanse and working on my personal reboot has been both challenging, spiritual, inspirational, and empowering for me personally. I have stuck with this without complaint. I have not made any excuses or comments neither negative or positive to pressure me or to make me lose focus. I truly have been committed to this, and have had the support from my husband without any feelings of guilt or feelings that I'm wasting time. I feel energized, I feel alive, and I feel like I'm on the path to true recovery. This time I'm working for keeps. I plan to be more realistic, and more honest with myself. I want to be a mentor to myself. I want to set a real example. And most of all I want to feel good about what I'm doing - and I do.

As for weight loss, I have lost 11 pounds so far since starting this cleanse. Obviously I have a lot more to go. But I'm off to a good start. I plan to go the full 10 days, and break into a juice feast for about 2 to 3 days. Then I will begin a high vegan raw diet - this time I mean "high raw". I'm actually excited about my upcoming transitions. As for energy, I am able to exercise with the energy and agility that I had before, but this time feeling good afterwards, and not sluggish and in pain. I seem to sleep better once I go to sleep - which is a big plus. Now if only I could make myself go to better earlier. I'm working on that one.

Well, I would love to write more but I have to get ready for work. Day 9 and 10 will be spent working. So I really need to stay focused and drink lots of water. It's easy to cleanse and fast when you are at home and relaxed. It's more challenging when  you have to be places...but you can do it. I am. Have a great a wonderful day!

Blessings to all!

=) Debbie

No comments: