Saturday, May 9, 2009

My daily raw...what's happening?

Hello everyone! Hope all is well and blessed. A lot has been going on these days. I have been working on my website, Raw-Riffic Food adding lots of new content and resource links. I also created a new blog through WordPress, Raw-Riffic Food Recipes. I decided that I wanted a separate space for my recipes that could also link to my site. It's pretty cool, and I've already gotten a several hits.

I also have been doing a lot of reading and research, and listening to every podcast and web-show on raw food and the raw food lifestyle as possible. I'm learning quite a lot! With all this activity, plus my usual involvement with my son and his extra-curricular activities (band), as well as full-time work with Wisdom (makers of the first GRAS stevia sweetener - and the only one that is truly 100% natural, using pure water extraction - no chemicals whatsoever), I haven't had much time to create any new and exciting recipes, or blog about my personal raw journey. So here I am tonight, making an effort.

On the book front, I have sold several of my books, "Raw-Riffic Food's 101 Super-Charged Juices, Shakes & Smoothies" through the help of my husband. He has been showing it to people at his local gym. I may even have my very first demo through a contact from his gym. I'm waiting on my books to arrive before we can commit. So, that's pretty exciting for me!

Which leads me to another fun and exciting adventure. My co-worker Chip, is loaning me his Vitamix 5200. Wow! That baby rawks! I can't believe what a difference it makes in my smoothies and nut mylks! It is awesome! I truly hope to have one of my own someday. But for now, I will enjoy every moment I get to use this loaner. I will have the "Chipster 5200" for at least another 5 days. I will try to get my hubby to video tape me using it. It will be my first video clip to post (if we do it).

I also have been tasting and reviewing a variety of raw chocolates with some non-raw foodies at work. I had purchased quite a variety over the past few months just so I could taste them and share them with others, and give my opinion of them. There are quite a few yummos out there!

On another note, I have had so much raw chocolate over the past two weeks, that I am starting to really understand what Paul Nison is saying about it. Don't get me wrong, I will forever love and enjoy "raw" chocolate! But I definitely feel that raw chocolate is so potent - it is very much like a drug. I think it does have some benefit, but it's not something to take lightly or to consider the cure-all superfood. It's super alright - but in definite moderation. I'm starting to feel that way about my favorite Kombucha too. Since I don't drink anymore, or drink coffee, these two things really get me high when I have too much! I can sort of handle them on a daily basis for just a few days, then it starts to take it's toll. However, I could get away with having raw chocolate every day, as long as I make it using a small portion of chocolate. But having a whole bar every day leads to more within the day (it's addictive to me), and then the next thing you know I have had way too much! I am truly a raw chocoholic! No doubt about it! More to come on this subject.

Some of my reading has included books on the subject of the law of attraction - which I'm really into these days. It's really changing my life, and helping me have a new perspective. One that's closer to how I felt and lived when I was a young girl. There is definitely something to be said about being clear with your intention and being positive. It's outstanding!

Well, that's just a little glimpse into what I've been up to. Hope to write again real soon! Till then, take care! Peace! :)

- Debbie

No comments: