Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 3, my 100-day Raw Fu Challenge...

Well, today marks the 3rd day of the 100-day raw food challenge through Raw Fu, hosted by a very special lady, "Bunny" Betsy Berry. For the most part I have been doing very well to keep it 98-100% raw all three days. The only set back I have had is that I have been suffering from a lot of detox issues.

It actually started on Friday evening, so I'm not sure if it's related to anything specific -- but possibly it could be I have caught a bug...or it could be nerves, or bad food combining. I honestly don't know. Anyway, Friday I suffered from great stomach pains, constipation, indigestion, and bloating. I still went ahead and rode the recumbent bike, and did some yoga. I should not have had anything else to eat, but I went ahead and had my usual evening green smoothie. That added more physical grief. And to make matters worse, my chronic back and joint pains were giving me a hard time as well. But I refused to take any pain meds, since I was suffering from such digestive issues. I decided to drink some detox tea, and a wedge of lemon, and later went to bed. All night I tossed and turned, moaning, and so forth.

When I woke up Saturday morning I was still in pain, urinating frequently, but no real bowel movements. This is frustrating to me, since I had finally conquered these issues upon changing to a raw lifestyle. I could barely move too. My joints were terribly sore, and my overall feeling of well being was lost. I felt like I had the flu, but without any cold symptoms. It was awful. I couldn't eat anything, nor drink anything. Even water triggered more bloating and discomfort. I could barely get around, but I went ahead and did our shopping, and took care of my usual Saturday errands. When I went to pick my son up from Band Camp, I was still feeling bad. It was sad, cause his return came across anti climatic - which was not all the case. But he understood. I did manage to have 2 smoothies on Saturday. Both were made with just mango and spinach. I also managed to have two bananas, and water. Still no real bowel movements. I went to bed earlier than I usually do for a Saturday and slept in till late this morning.

Today I feel much better, and had much more energy. I made the usual breakfast smoothie, and had a couple of chia crackers. Then for a late lunch I had a green smoothie, and a couple of celery sticks with raw almond butter and a touch of honey. Plus plenty of water. All was well, and joint pain was barely noticeable -- except for the back (still not as bad). Only problem is, by the this evening as I write to you now, I'm feeling a bit bloated again. Still no bowel movements to speak of. So, I just had a cup of detox/smooth move tea. I'm hoping that helps me feel much better tomorrow. Normally it does.

I'm beginning to think that my IBS, and spastic colon are inflamed due to the amount of stress I have been under lately. It must be that, cause I really don't think I'm doing anything different with my food. Well, one thing is for sure, during this 100-day challenge I'm starting off cleaner than ever, so it may be a blessing in disguise. So for now, I'll just deal with the detoxing issues, and hope that the stomach gets free soon! I'll write more later.

Have a fabulous evening, and a terrific day tomorrow, and a blessed week!

Peace! - Debbie

No comments: