Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday blog...

Well another day has come and gone. Today was a rather nice and peaceful day, with the exception that I feel like I over ate, and gave myself a tummy ache that lasted most of the day. But other than that, it was very nice. While working a way, I listen to beautiful Christmas music on my pc.

It was my husband's birthday today, so I let him pick the meal he wanted to eat. He chose fish, cauliflower, and rice. He ate it all and said it was delicious. Than my son and I sang "Happy Birthday to him". They ate some more of the ice cream cake I made for my son to celebrate. I enjoyed watching them enjoy the moment.

Today I made a new recipe I found on www.goneraw.com, for strawberry thumbprint cookies. They came out great, and I ate about 4 or 5 of them before they were even done in the dehydrator.

So with that, let me break down the food for the day. Well, to start out with, I ate a 6oz berry smoothie, than a 16oz raw protein shake, later I ate a raw vegan bar, then I ate my lunch - which was the remaining edame salad I had from the day before. I also ate an apple, and then another raw vegan bar, and a Larabar. I was hungry and craving something...In addition I drank yerba mate tea sweetened with stevia, and then some stevia tea to settle my stomach. It was upset from all the food I ate. Then when I got home, I had a very tall raw banana, strawberry, nut shake, with super food nutrients mixed in. That really filled me up, not to mention adding the raw cookies I made, plus the two dates I ate. I even drank a ton of water. I mean a ton! I was truly filled, packed, and uncomfortable. I can't do that anymore. Tomorrow I must be better.

Before I started blogging, I finally wrote out my Christmas Letter, so now I can send off the cards. Well, that's about it for tonight. Hope you all have a nice evening, an d a great tomorrow. Write to you soon!

- Debbie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lara bars are not raw vegan, they are processed, and very dead. Unheated may be a better word.

Anonymous said...

i APOLOGIZE, :) I DO NOT WANT TO COME OFF AS A KNOW IT ALL, I LIKE TO BE CALLED ON THINGS TOO. I HAVE CHEAT FOODS AS WELL, I JUST GET MAD THAT PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE AND CALL SOMETHING A CARROT WHEN IT IS AN APPLE.

Raw-Riffic Food said...

Thank you Suvine. I honestly did not realize that Lara bars were not considered raw vegan. I read somewhere that they were a good substitute if nothing was available. Fortunately I don't eat that much of them. I have however, been eating too many raw vegan bars, which I am currently weaning myself off of. I want to get away from as much processed food as possible (even if it's cold pressed and acceptable). Thank you again. - Debbie