Monday, December 3, 2007

Almost three days since I blogged...woops!

It's been a pretty stressful couple of days. However, the weekend actually went quite well. We finally got some rain, which cleared the yucky air, and made it perfect for putting up our Christmas lights. Before that happened, I made my weekly trip to the grocery store, and went to Whole Foods to get lots of fresh, organic, "raw"stuff! In fact, I went to the prepared foods area, or food court, and purchased three delicious raw entrees. One consisted of sweet potatoes and tomatoes, another consisted of figs, nuts, and seeds, and another consisted of kale and cranberries...all very, very yummy! I tried some raw tea, that unfortunately I don't like, so I won't be buying it again. It tasted to vinegary.

While at Whole Foods I purchase some new and interesting fruits, as well as stocked up on raw Monkey Bars...yum, yum! I also made a trip out to Sprouts to get some additional yummies that I couldn't get at Whole Foods, and went home to ride the stationary bike. Yes, that's right, to exercise. My husband has been helping me to get back into exercising with my bad back. We've been taking it slow doing stretches, and lifting some weight (not much), and riding the bike. It really does help.


Saturday night was interesting. Since I went raw, I haven't drank alcohol. No beer, wine, or cocktails. No desire. My husband hasn't been bothered by it until this past Saturday. He felt like we were becoming to separate...but then I realized it's the beer talking, cause the next day he was sorry, and was very interested in what I was making in the way of raw treats, so he could eat it too.

Anyway, things at home seem well. Things at work on the other hand have been very tough emotionally; as well as very stressful and busy. A lot of stuff went on, that I just don't want to get into, but I think from this point forward it should be better. At least I hope so.

Well, that's it for now. I really need to make lunches, and get to bed. So let's go over the daily menus for Saturday, Sunday, and today...starting with Saturday.


Well, on Saturday I had a protein shake homemade, 2 monkey bars, one date bar, apple, 3 salads from whole foods, and raw tea (yuk), sip of wine (yuk), celery and banana and apple smoothie, and strawberry cookies, and nuts.


Sunday I had a protein shake without the protein, 2 monkey bars, or maybe it was one. Dates, nuts, 1/2 of the pistachio ice cream sandwich, tastes of my beta bread that's dehydrating, apple, bananas, and water of course. I don't think I had anything else.


Today I had a 6oz berry smoothie, a 16oz raw protein shake, a monkey bar, edame and mixed seaweed salad, 2 slices of raw beta bread with raw butter, an apple, 3/4 of a cacao Florentine, pistachio mint ice cream cookie - very, very, yum-yum! Oh, I also ate 2 dates, another slice of beta bread, and lots and lots of water!!!


Speaking of the ice cream sandwich, it was absolutely heaven, and fun to make. I got the recipe from the TheRawChefBlog.com. It's actually called the Cacao Pistachio Florentine & Mint Ice Cream Sandwich. The recipe wasn't too hard, but I wasn't able to find all the required ingredients, so I improvised. I replaced the cacao butter with coconut butter mixed with a T of raw carob powder. I made my own raw cacao powder, by grinding up raw cacao nibs to a find powder. I used straight vanilla extract, since I didn't have any vanilla beans, but everything else that was called out I had. I was so proud of my efforts that I photographed it for all to see. Check it out:


Well, that's it for tonight. Have a great evening, and a terrific week! I'll try to keep up with my blogging better!

Ta-ta for now!

- Debbie :)

No comments: