Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Raw Holidays

Today we had a potluck at work to celebrate Thanksgiving. I work with several vegans, and a few vegetarians. The remaining staff eats healthy but basically S.A.D. food. (I love saying that, it cracks me up). Anyway, I knew there wouldn't be much for me to eat, so I brought my own food. Plus I made a raw pumpkin pie with topping to share with anyone who cared to. They did have a bowl of fresh fruit, so I did eat that. But in addition to that, I ate seaweed with edame beans and bragg's amino acids, as well as my pie. That was very satisfying to me. The cool thing was, that several people did try my pie and topping and actually had to admit that they indeed loved every bite. That's what really made the potluck special to me. The fact that people were willing to try something new, and good for them too.

Another cool thing that happened, was that my husband had a doctor's appointment today. He happened to mention to his doctor how I have taken on a raw lifestyle. Well, the doctor confirmed to him that the raw diet was definitely the most healthy diet to have, and that everyone should worked towards that type of eating. That really made me feel good, since it's been kind of a battle at times.

For the most part I am getting lots of support from friends and family as it relates to my raw lifestyle - even if they don't conform to this themselves...and that's okay. They need to decide for themselves what is important to them.

Now for the daily raw breakdown:

Today, Nov. 20th: 6oz breakfast smoothie, 16oz raw protein shake, 2 vegan raw bars, what I had at our company potluck, green juice feast, and lots and lots of water.

On another note. I plan to make another raw pumpkin pie with topping for our family Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's. My mom will be there to, and she's been waiting to try some of my recipes. I hope to have time to make raw mashed potatoes, raw sweet potato muffins (new recipe), and another veggie salad. I'll let you know how it all turns out at that time.

Well, that's it for tonight. Have a great evening, and a great tomorrow. Oh, and for those who may not log in until after the holiday, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

No comments: