Saturday, November 24, 2007

My daily raw, Thanksgiving, and more

In case I didn't tell you already, I took time to make several raw dishes to take to my mother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving. I made a rendition of raw stuffing from a recipe I got off the http://www.goneraw.com/ site, as well as a raw mash potato dish which I included yams and parsnips for the potatoes. It was very yummy. I also made pumpkin spice cookies that I got from another recipe from one of my raw Google emails. As well as raw butter, and raw pumpkin pie (both recipes from http://www.goneraw.com/). I love that recipe site. It's grrrrrrrrrrrreat! Oh, and on my own, I dehydrated several slices of persimmons...very tasty!

I don't even need to list what I ate for Thanksgiving dinner...the first paragraph of this blog says it all. However, to add to the daily list, I did have a berry protein shake, 2 vegan raw bars, green feast juice, and several dates, and lots and lots of water.

Thanksgiving turned out to be very nice and relaxed. I was truly happy to see that most of the family and friends were willing to taste the raw entrees. It's funny too, cause' I actually made a S.A.D. dish, green bean casserole, per my mother-in-law's request. She placed it in the oven, and forgot about it until cleanup. No one missed, and no one ate it. Oh well, just as well...

The kids loved the pumpkin spice cookies the best, and the adults truly enjoyed the raw stuffing the best. I thought for sure, they would enjoy the raw pumpkin pie the best, like my coworkers did. They did enjoy the pie, but there was plenty of SAD pies to really take the lead on the desserts.

Oh, I forgot, I also made mango, papaya, pineapple pudding - which I forgot to bring with me. That's okay though, I did have a small bowl of it yesterday too. My son basically ate the rest!

I plan to take samples of all my dishes from the holiday to my girlfriend's house tomorrow. I hope she enjoys it too. I know she's looking forward to it.

Friday, yesterday, I had a 16oz raw protein shake, and a vegan bar early morning. I went grocery shopping, and then went to Michael's to pick up some Christmas ornament craft stuff. My son and I always make a few new tree decorations every year. It's kind of a tradition for us, even though we have more than enough tree decorations. I also stopped by Target, since I thought I might just take advantage of the "black Friday" holiday shopping sales...that was a mistake. The early a.m. crowd was still there around noon. So I just went home and hung out with my son. Later on I took him to upgrade his saxophone. They were having such a great deal for music students to upgrade their leased-to-own instruments, we couldn't pass it up. It's definitely a beauty, and my son plays so beautifully!

In addition to the Friday shake and raw bar, I had a glass of green juice feast, about 7 dates, the mango pudding I mentioned earlier, and another vegan bar. Oh, I also ate an apple, and a couple of pumpkin spice cookies with raw butter. I wasn't as hungry as usual. So, that's what I ate.

Today we put up most of our Christmas decorations, and my son did most of the work, including setting up our 7ft tall tree. He was a very big help to me today, since I have had a lot of problems with my back these days.

Today, on the other hand, I made a super berry protein shake, green feast juice, vegan raw bar, several pumpkin spice cookies with raw butter, persimmons, 6 dates, and a big veggie salad. And the evening isn't over yet. More to come...maybe.

Well, that's it for now. Have a great evening, and I'll write more real soon! Keep it fresh, and keep it raw! LOL...bye!

No comments: