Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Daily Raw

Today I woke up in a lot of pain. You see, I suffer from chronic back pain due to a ruptured disk, and degenerative disk disease, and osteoarthritis. For a full year I have not had to take pain medication except for maybe a few times on rare occasions that I over did it. But the point is, I didn't have to take them daily. I have been using the services of a chiropractor, and massage therapist; along with exercise, supplements, and of course - slowly changing my diet. Unfortunately, I have not been able to see my chiropractor for over 4 weeks. I threw my back out earlier in the week moving the wrong way. Now my pain has return full force, and has become chronic again. I have been forced to revert back to my pain meds. That in itself is frustrating since the meds only take the edge off, but interfere with my physical well being. I have been feeling swollen today, and having problems relieving myself (not to be gross).

It kind of bums me out, because I've been working so hard to cleanse myself of pollutants in my body, and now I'm having to deal with this again. Once I get my back feeling better, I'm just going to have to make an effort and do a strict detox for at least 7 to 14 days. In the meantime, I need to not make it worse, by beating myself up mentally. Anyway, on a good note, I have lost another 3 pounds since I last reported my progress. That makes me feel very happy. However, I have a very long way to go. I have to say, even though I am definitely over weight, the extra pounds are well distributed. And since I have always exercised, that has help me too! Otherwise I would really have to work hard. I mean, I'm in my 40's and I have arthritis, I'm in menopause, and you know the metabolism slows down as it is...aging...but I'm working on slowing that down too!

So let's get to the meat and potatoes of my daily raw...what I ate today.

12-oz glass Berry Protein Smoothie (banana, raw orange juice, frozen organic blueberries, frozen organic pineapple chunks, sliced raw almonds, raw oatmeal, raw protein powder)
The rest of my veggie salad from the past two days...it was very yummy!
4 pieces almond crackers with rawtella spread
12-oz glass yerba mate ice tea, with stevia
4 pitted dates
6-oz glass Cacao Pina Colada Smoothie (banana, raw cacao powder, raw carob powder, agave nectar, pitted Medjool dates, frozen organic pineapple chunks, fresh raw coconut meat, fresh raw coconut milk, raw almonds, raw hazelnuts, purified water and ice)
and a late night bowl of fresh edame beans with dulse and sesame seeds with a splash of Bragg's Amino Acids.
and lots and lots of water, of course...

I know, no green feast juice today. I should have drank some, but I haven't been that hungry today. Plus, I was craving something sweet. Maybe it's from the pain meds I have taken. I don't know. I am in the process of making my first loaf of raw bread from wheat berry sprouts, walnuts, goji berries, and kamut sprouts. Hopefully it will turn out delish! I'll let you know.

Well, ta-ta for now!

No comments: