Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Struggling, but hanging in there...

For the past 5 months I have been consistently going to the gym at least 3 to 5 days a week. My workouts have been good and balanced. Unfortunately I have been unable to get the amount of cardio I want due to my chronic back pain. However, I still manage to get at least 20 to 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill on an incline, each time I'm at the gym, in addition to my strength and weight lifting exercises. Plus now I've added at least an additional 15 to 20 minute stationary bike ride to that routine. My issue is that I'm not losing weight. In fact, over the past few months I've gained weight. Or should I say, "I gained back the weight I had lost." It's all very frustrating.

I'm still eating super healthy, keeping it mostly raw veggies and fresh fruit. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments at least a few times a week where I will slip in some "not so healthy" goodies. However, the overall should not make that much difference - I know my body. Or at least I used to know my body. Perhaps my body is going through new changes with age. I'm still not getting the adequate rest I need. That could be a big factor! Plus I have had more stress than usual...again. That could also be adding to it. In addition, muscle weighs more than fat, so that could be a part of it. I'm drinking my recovery smoothie too late at night, but we work out late in the evening...that could all be contributing factors. So what to do? How do I break this  frustrating plateau to get back on track and start losing weight?

I'm hoping to have the money later this month to have my very first series of colon hydrotherapy sessions (colonics). From everything I've researched, it may help me out a lot. Especially since I have IBS. When I do this, I plan to start another juice cleanse. I think it's just the thing I need to reboot. So that's my current plan.

Any suggestions to help me break this stagnant physical position I'm in? I'm open to new ideas (within reason). Let me hear from you.

Thanks for reading...check back!

Peace! :)
Debbie

No comments: