Tuesday, May 4, 2010

21 Raw Questions & Answers

My raw food, cyberspace friend, Bitt, of a Bitt of Raw blog, started this thread on her blog a few days ago. I think this is such a fun and great way to get to know fellow food bloggers. Please join in the fun, read through my post, and then post your own personal answers on your blog to share!

1. Favorite Raw Vegan milk? I love making raw almond milk, but I prefer coconut water most of all.

2. What are the top 3 recipes you are planning to make? I’d like to make one of the delicious recipes in Heathy’s new e-book "Ultimate Ice Cream Cake" e-Book and enter her newest raw food challenge. I’d also like to make some more cupcakes from Shannonmarie’s latest e-book “The Little Rawdorable Cupcake Book that Could”. Also, I’d like to experiment and make my own raw energy bars using a variety of superfoods, sprouted buckwheat; and of course, raw cacao. I’ll let you know later how that turns out.

3. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? I remember over a year ago I found a recipe for raw “mock” version of macaroni and cheese, so I decided to make that. As I always do, I changed up the recipe before trying it as is…oh my YUK!!! It even looked gross!!! Lol…

4. How do you organize your recipes? Being that I’m a hoarder, I try to organize, but I get obsessive so I have all my recipes on my pc in a folder mark recipes, and online on my website. However the ones on my pc, if not named properly (which I’m terrible at), they get lost…if you know what I mean. Oh, and I have note cards by the 100’s of my “chicken scratch” writing of recipes I tried. However, they are in a pile. Then I have printed e-books, recipes, etc...I told you I’m a hoarder. Organization is a goal that may never be truly met!

5. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Well, we don’t have a place for compost. However, don’t laugh, we freeze all our “food” trash, and then toss it out on trash day. We recycle all the paper, plastic, and glass, that is acceptable too. Oh, and we clean our trash before throwing it out. I know, we are obsessed…we really are – we are a family of OCD sufferers…no joke!

6. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be? Wow! Why do I have to choose…I could sit here for hours trying to decide...  Let’s see, okay, I would definitely want coconuts – but if it’s an island I’d hope there would be coconuts there. I would definitely want a whole boat load of kale, hemp, and cacao!

8. Favorite raw ice cream? My very own home-made raw cacao ice cream! I love my cacao!!!

9. Most loved kitchen appliance? It would be a Vitamix or a Blendtec, if I owned one…so I’d have to say it’s my Cuisinart Blender.



10. Spice/herb you can't be without? I can’t be without Mint, and Vanilla. They are tied!

11. Recipe (Cook) book you have owned for the longest time? The first and oldest raw recipe book I have owned is Juliano’s RAW. I bought that book early in the Millennium before I even knew what a raw diet and lifestyle was. I bought it for the unique recipes, and beautiful pictures. It was somewhat of a coffee table book for me.



12. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? I’m not big into jellies and jams. I’d have to say coconut cream butter, or raw honey.

13. Favorite raw (vegan) recipe to serve to an omni-friend? Raw desserts always work best for omni-friends. I always make up a bunch of raw treats, especially ones with raw cacao and serve them up to my coworkers and family members. They love it!!! That gets them to try some of the other stuff too, such as raw crackers, chips, and some entrees. It really does work that way!

15. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Durian, cherries, mango slices.

16. Favorite grocery store? It’s tied between Whole Foods and Trader Joes. Before they opened the Whole Foods near me, all I had was Trader Joes. I’ve been going there since 1998 – a very long time. They know me by name!

17. Food blog you read the most. Don’t make me choose…I have way too many, that I absolutely adore! Some of them I’ve been reading for a couple of years now. It’s incredible all the wonderful talented and giving people out there in cyberspace!

18. What is one ingredient that you've become familiar with that you can't imagine you ever lived without? I have to agree with Fayinagirl of Gluten-Free Vegan Family, it’s Coconut Water!

19. Most coveted condiment? I’m not real big into condiments, so I don’t really have an opinion at this time.

20. Best food smell? I love the smell of raw cacao, and coconut.

21. Best cooked food memory that you'd like to re-create raw? I’m really not to sure what I’d pick any more. I would like to try to create a chocolate custard éclair, or even a light, fluffy bread. I really don’t know…it’s whatever the mood will take me at the time of preparation…

Thanks Bitt! This was lots of fun!!! =)

Tag, you're it! Feel free to fill out the 21 raw questions on your own blog.

No comments: