Thursday, April 29, 2010

A day in the life of Raw Debbie - Part III

Today was a challenging day as far as eating goes. I always try to spread my meals out evenly so as to not over eat at one sitting, and still maintain energy levels. However, today became an exception. First off, although I started off on the right foot, I gave in to temptations early on in the day. A coworker brought in a homemade organic cake. I started out with just a small slice, but it was soooooooo good – I ate several more slices. Not good! Although the ingredients were organic, and it was homemade, the flour and dairy in the cake made my tummy very unhappy afterward. “Was it worth it!” Not really, but I’m not going to beat myself up over it. I just need to be more disciplined in the future.

Then to make matters worse, I didn’t get to eat my mid-morning fruit, and lunch was not consumed until about 3:30pm in the afternoon. Plus, no water was consumed during that time. Needless to say I was depleted, shaky, lethargic, and had a bad headache…not good at all. Unfortunately part of it could not be helped. The reason for this disruption of my meal-times was due to a production meeting I had to be a part of that was scheduled at 11:00am (an hour before lunch time), and didn’t end until around 3:10pm in the afternoon. Hence my feeling of sickness today.

So, so far today this is how the eating behavior went:

Lemon and MSM in filtered water (very positive)

Berry and cacao smoothie (1 glass, same as yesterday’s ingredients)

4-5 slices of homemade cake (as mentioned above) (good going down, but not good to go through)

1 peppermint flavored, organic Luna Bar (organic soy bar – not raw) (okay, but need to stay away from these bars)

1 salad/chard roll-up (same recipe as yesterday)
2 handfuls raw corn chips (same recipe as yesterday)
1 Amazing Grass Bar
1 chocolate flavored Luna bar (not raw)
(obviously the main lunch was very good, but the additional treats were too much to have shortly after. However, based on the time it was that I finally ate, I was starved and ended up binging…not good)

1 green smoothie (romaine, spinach, mango, pineapple, banana, coconut water, green superfood powder, raw protein powder, raw honey, stevia, bee pollen, filtered water and ice) (Always a good thing!)

3 handfuls organic wheat chips (same brand as yesterday) (although yummy and organic – not raw, and upsetting to my tummy!)

Oh, I also had about 4 to 5 small organic fries (yes I said fries – but they were baked not fried), and 1 spoonful of my raw chocolate ice cream.
And finally, before bedtime, I’m drinking tea.

So there you have it. I know, I definitely need to improve.

I’m a big multi-tasker, since I have so much going on in my life on a day-to-day basis. As I’m writing this post I’m also watching a great documentary called “The World According To Monsanto”. This is all about the GMOs, and chemicals produced and forced upon us by the major corporate food giant MONSANTO!!!  I really think you should watch this video too. I’ve heard a lot about Monsanto already, but this documentary goes deep into the true realities, politically, financially, environmentally, and ethically – it’s a major eye-opener! Twilight Earth has the full documentary posted on their site for free. Check it out here!
I was thinking a lot about Penni Shelton’s post this morning and her topic of “changing your thoughts – your mind is the key to optimal health and weight-loss.” If you’re not right in your head all the dieting in the world (although still beneficial) won’t ultimately help you if you aren’t right in your mind, in your thoughts, and how you think about your relationship with yourself, your food, your surroundings, and your spirit. She recommended a great book, which I hope to purchase in the near future, entitled *Taming the Feast Beast* How to Recognize the Voice of Fatness & End Your Struggle with Food Forever. In the meantime I think I will reread another favorite book on emotions and eating by Angela Stokes Monarch, entitled Raw Emotions.

Well, I need to close for now. I’m so tired that I’m falling asleep at the keyboard. I will continue with my thoughts, and what I’m dong to stay 90-100% raw, and promote new work.

So more to come!

Thank you for reading, and have a great night!

Peace!=)

Debbie

No comments: