Monday, March 8, 2010

Cleansing time again!

Well, I finally did it. I started my cleanse. I've been procrastinating for over a month now, and finally decided to go for it. Last year I was able to complete a 9.5 day Master Cleanse. This year I hope to go the full 10 days. It will be rough, since my birthday is just around the corner, and I'm surrounded by all kinds of delicious foods - but I can do it!

I needed to do this cleanse, since I have had some extra weight find it's way back to my but, thighs and stomach. I know it's from all the delightful raw food desserts I made for myself and others over the holidays. Plus the lack of consistent exercise, rest, and eating late at night. It all adds up...literally! Plus cleansing is always good for the body and soul. I chose the Master Cleanse again because it's simple, and I don't feel hungry while I'm on it. Someday I'll take the plunge and do a juice feast - just not ready to yet.

I'll try to blog about my cleanse, but can't promise that it will be daily. I've had such a tight schedule these days that I don't have enough time to get everything I want done. In fact, for those of  you who subscribe to my "so-called" monthly e-newsletter "Raw-Riffic Happenings" I'm a bit behind - about 2 months behind. I hope to bring it back soon, but working on other promising projects at the moment.

I started my cleanse yesterday, Sunday, March 7th. I felt fine, and suffered no cravings, headaches, or hunger whatsoever. However, today, was a little harder. I don't know if it was the cleansing that made me very tired, or not getting enough rest, or the cold air. Maybe it was all of it. But today I felt pretty blah. I didn't feel hungry, just blah. I did have moments of cravings, but they eventually went away. I wasn't able to drink a full 8 servings of my lemonade drink either - only 6. But I feel fine overall, and hope that tomorrow will be a better day.

Tomorrow I plan to practice my yoga at home (since my class I was going to was cancelled - :( ). So more to come.

Have a great night, and a super tomorrow!!!

Peace!:)
Debbie

No comments: