Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My "thankful" Thanksgiving day!

This year my Thanksgiving Day had to be one of the best Thanksgiving Day's I have had in a very long time. It was a super nice day, spent with family and friends. Although the traditional roasted turkey, bread stuffing, and mashed potatoes, with "processed" pies were served, I took the time to make several raw food dishes to bring and share.

I prepared the following dishes, which were all a great hit! In fact, most of the dinner guests did not even realize they were eating "raw food" until after they were half way done and asked. There were no leftovers - unbelievable! It was super exciting. Although I took pictures, they didn't come out that great. I'm in dire need of a new camera, amongst other things...who knows, maybe Santa will surprise me this year with some new goodies!

Anyway, this is what I served:

  • Corn, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Basil Salad
  • Arugula, Crimini Mushrooms, Pine Nuts, and Cranberries Salad
  • Pecan and Cranberry "Raw" Stuffing
  • Mock Turkey (Nut Pate)
  • Raw Cranberry relish with Orange Juice
  • Green Bean Casserole - all raw (raw cream of mushroom soup, raw onion rings, raw beans with raw shitake mushrooms, grated pine nuts)
  • Raw Sweet Potatoes with Agave, Vanilla, and Pecans
  • Raw Pumpking Chocolate Swirl Pie
  • Raw Chocolate-Vanilla Swirl Ice Cream, with Raw Cacao Sauce
  • Cashew Cream Topping
  • Raw Eggnog
Yes, I made all this stuff for the dinner. I was up till 3am in the morning the night before getting things ready, and then finishing up on Thanksgiving day before we went over to my mother-in-laws to celebrate. It was a lot of work for one person (me), but well worth it! Everyone enjoyed it, including me!!! =)

A few days before I made raw sweet rolls with cinnamon date pudding, and my own version of manna bread - nanamana bread. I also made some delicious and simple banana pancakes with cinnamon and blueberries, and a drizzle of organic maple syrup Grade B on top. Yummo!

I feel like I've pack on the pounds in just a few days from eating all this glorious raw food! Lol! =)

You can get some of the recipes from my holiday cooking at my raw food recipe blog, www.RawRifficFood.WordPress.com.


Well, thank you for letting me share my fun and raw food with you. Till next time, I bid you peace and happiness, and good health! =)

- Debbie


Here are a few "yukky" pics from this past holiday season. Again, sorry for the poor quality. It will have to do for now!









No comments: